"Congress" = 'House of Representatives'?

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Nov 8 03:09:46 UTC 2006

At 6:45 PM -0800 11/7/06, Dave Wilton wrote:
>Just Google the phrase "congress and the senate" and you get lots of
>examples.
>
>Similarly, taking your example and Googling "435 members of Congress" turns
>up plenty of examples too.

Right, but I was wondering if anyone had come across any examples in
the wild, to get a sense of whether this was especially a new trend.
(The first one I found was from 2001, so not brand-new, and I
couldn't search on Nexis for obvious reasons.)

LH