Fatal food?

Chris F Waigl chris at LASCRIBE.NET
Mon Nov 13 14:08:30 UTC 2006

neil wrote:
> OK, I know death by chocolate, but perhaps Barry could enlighten me
> regarding the following (from a Canadian novel, but possibly a US delicacy
> also?):
>
> "Etta is suspicious of any food that's more haute cuisine than Buffalo
> suicide wings -- and anyone who prepares it.'
> --Liz Brady, 'See Jane Run!', Second Story Press, Toronto, 2005, 266

On my recent trips to Dublin I learnt that several pubs there offer
"suicide sauce" with their burger-style food choices. This is supposed
to be the hottest chili sauce they have.

This may be true in other parts of the English-speaking world. I'm not
big on either burgers or chili sauce.

Chris Waigl