"food-insecure"

Fri Nov 17 18:41:11 UTC 2006

On Nov 17, 2006, at 12:35, Jonathan Lighter wrote:
> Am I the first professional lexicographer to define this critical
> concept professionally?
>   Food-insecure  _adj._  facing dearth or shortage of obtainable
> food; unable to obtain adequate food by ordinary means.

Your definition might be better, but I defined "food insecurity" in
2004:

http://www.dtww.org/index.php/dictionary/food_insecurity/

food insecurity n. the state of, or risk of, being unable to provide
food (to oneself, a family, a nation, etc.).

Grant Barrett
Double-Tongued Dictionary
http://www.doubletongued.org/
editor at doubletongued.org