innovative "nevertheless"

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Sun Nov 26 03:02:28 UTC 2006

>     I'd speculate that there may be a two stage origin to this speech
> error: First: blending of "much less" + "never mind" to *never less. (The
> asterisk indicates that the form isn't actually spoken but is
> reconstructed).  Then this *"never less" was adapted to the already
> existing (and very similar) "nevertheless."

Maybe we don't need none of them little stars. We have the World Wide Web
of Solly Schisms.

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Asia/Nepal/West/photo479969.htm

<<Most Nepalis are too poor to afford even one kilo of meat, neverless a
whole goat.>>

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Registry_Watch_d1573.html

<<All the ones I have tried do not have the Undo feature never less a Go to
Key feature.>>

http://forum.emule-project.net/index.php?showtopic=113983&st=0

<<Anyway, it is hard to imaging [sic] the effects of the whole system
never-less the little details to make it happen.>>

http://www.corporateflightattendanttraining.com/CFAT_pages/testimonials.html

<<So off I went to emergency training... well after 6 days and a whole lot
of dollars later I was no closer to that corporate jet... never less the
galley I missed so much.>>

-- Doug Wilson