Slight antedating of "Curses, foiled again" (1929)

Mon Nov 27 17:59:33 UTC 2006

A little farther back . . . .

"Germs of Thought"  New York | Middletown | Daily Herald | 1926-01-23 p.
4 col 3.

"Then the hero and heroine would embrace, the drummer in the pit would
softly roll the drum and the curtain would roll down while the villian
rolled his eyes and snarled:  "Curses!  Foiled again!" "