ah/ awe

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 1 16:26:59 UTC 2006

Good one.  To tell the truth I never associated "Wanda" as having the same
pronuciation as "wander"  as it would said be in UK, which drops final
"r's".  I guess the Brit didn't recognize it as well.  I like your "yaw" for
"your".

When I say to Brits that they should pronounce their "r"s, boy do I get many
ejaculations in my face.  I assume the can say their "r"s but choose not to.
It's an identity thing.

Like substituting "ah" for "awe", I think r-dropping is easier to say as
well.

Tom Z