preadolescent "tortures"

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Mon Oct 2 12:19:55 UTC 2006

East Texas kids c1960 "raised a frog" by a different, specific, ritualistic procedure:  A single knuckle, usually of the index finger (though sometimes the middle finger), was made to protrude from a fist, and the torturee's biceps was struck sharply with that knuckle.

Another torture visited on the loser in certain games (e.g. Rock-Paper-Scissors) was for the torturer to extend his index finger and middle fingers, no gap between, and smartly slap the loser's wrist or forearm with the pad-side of those two fingers.  I don't recall that the penalty had any particular name.