ah/ awe

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 3 17:17:30 UTC 2006

Thanks Arnold.  However, I wasn't refering to my own dialect.  I was
refering to "right" as spoken in m-w.com.  The verb is one phthoung not two
as I hear it there.  Good to hear you say that it is entirely possible to
say long i as a one phthong.  I agree.  However I think that long i as a two
phthong would be rare.  I hear in Australia "roit".  Perhaps UK has
"rah-eat".  But USA has "eye" as on phthong.

Perhaps you could point out some real saliant words with the two phthong.

Tom Z