ah/ awe goes to bed

FRITZ JUENGLING juengling_fritz at SALKEIZ.K12.OR.US
Wed Oct 4 16:51:23 UTC 2006

John, this is a surprising comment, given the very rude one below.  I
found the Tom Z's ideas very interesting--they generated the most
interesting discussion on this list in years.  Is there no room for him
on this list? Just because he has different goals from most of us should
not mean this list is closed to him.
Fritz

>>> JMB at STRADLEY.COM 10/4/2006 8:18 AM >>>
        Actually, I would like to express my admiration for the
restrained manner in which listmembers took a friendly and pedagogical
approach to a persistent poster who has very different goals.

        Tom Z, if you are still here:  There are people in the world
who
want to reform English pronunciation.  For example, that was one of
the
goals of H.W. Fowler in writing A Dictionary of Modern English Usage.
You will not find them here.

John Baker