"A Whole Nother" & "C-Level"

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Oct 6 01:53:41 UTC 2006

A WHOLE NOTHER
I was surprised when Texas used "It's like a whole other country" for its
slogan:
_http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/texas/entry/texas_its_like_a_whole_other_
country/_
(http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/texas/entry/texas_its_like_a_whole_other_country/)
C-LEVEL
The famous "Log in to unmask" (this only happens to me; no can solve this
because I use AOL?) posted this on November 4, 2000 (the weekly NY Observer  was
dated in advance):
C-LEVEL

Didn't the top used to be A-level, as in  A-Number One?  Nothing beats a
pun (C-level/sea level), I suppose.   There are quite a few relevant hits on
the Dow Jones  database.
>From the NEW YORK OBSERVER, 6 November 2000, pg. 30,  col. 2 ad:

_C-LEVEL_
_JOB  TITLES._
_C-NOTE-FILLED_
_WALLETS._
The C  means clout.  And our readers have it.  52% of them hold C-level  job
titles and the average overall net worth of $1.8 million dollars  means
they're looking to buy. (...)
_RED  HERRING_
RED HOT