"reckless abandonment"

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Fri Oct 13 12:29:28 UTC 2006

It was very early this morning when my clock radio began intoning the NPR news (so I must remain a little imprecise about the narrow context):  A Democrat was quoted as accusing the FCC of "reckless abandonment" in its oversight of the pending merger of ATT with BellSouth.

Google gives 35,500 web hits for "reckless abandonment" (vs. 607,000 for "reckless abandon").  And, just for fun, I checked:  1,550 hits for "wreckless abandonment"; 27,400 for "wreckless abandon."

--Charlie