"look the jack of diamonds in the eye", and "bigger than Dallas"

Bethany K. Dumas dumasb at UTKUX.UTCC.UTK.EDU
Tue Oct 17 00:02:06 UTC 2006

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, william salmon wrote:

>Ah. Always nice to meet fellow Texans---I'm from Corpus Christi. The first
>time I can remember hearing 'bigger than Dallas' was there from a neighbor,
>who accused me after some tall tale of "lying bigger than Dallas".

Me too - I was born in Corpus Christi - though I last lived there when I
was in the first grade. We moved a lot, I was in the fifth grade before I
spent a year in only one school.

Bethany