A positive anymore?

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIO.EDU
Wed Oct 18 18:29:41 UTC 2006

Has Benigno lived in other regions as well as New York?  Positive 'anymore'
is spreading, but it isn't generally in New York State yet, is it?  A
friend of mine from eastern Iowa (faculty brat from U of Iowa) now uses the
structure sometimes, much to my surprise; she's been teaching at Ohio U for
30 years though, and it's very common in much of Ohio (North Midland
creeping northward and southward, though not traditionally South
Midland).  It's also moving into northern Iowa and Minnesota; my
great-nieces have it, but not my siblings and me.  Since this friend is
68-ish and now calls Detroit home, I take note of it when she uses it.  And
of course it came over from various English and Irish usage areas.