Merkins

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 20 05:02:38 UTC 2006

I've never consciously heard "merkins" for "Americans" until a post I got
from an Australian who spelled it out so I suppose they say it that way in
the outback.  I do know folks from Philly call the state of Maryland
"Merlin".

It would be a good thing to see where our personal dialects are from.  I've
put my name, country and years lived in various states in my personal
signature.  I assume from what I gather here, that dialect is locked in at
age 5.  All agree?  Personnally I find that after college in TN my speech
changed there and changes to a southern drawl when I go back there or to a
Southern state.

Tom Z

Tom Zurinskas   USA CT20, TN3, NJ32, FL-4+
See truespel.com and the 4 truespel books at authorhouse.com.

trip!
http://www.imagine-windowslive.com/minisites/yahoo/default.aspx?locale=en-us&hmtagline