Merkins

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 20 16:14:03 UTC 2006

Thanks Bev,

Many years ago I'm from r-full Danbury CT, 60 miles from NY City, 10 miles
from NY state line.  There is a dialect nuance there.  It's a sharp short a,
as opposed to a flat one, such as in S Jersey.  My kids point it out all the
time.  I like my West CT short a better than their South NJ one.  I suppose
it's a full phoneme shift, but it's not lexical so don't differentiate it in
my system.

Tom Zurinskas
USA CT20, TN3, NJ32, FL4+
See truespel.com and the 4 truespel books at authorhouse.com.