"You got it !"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Oct 24 13:02:31 UTC 2006

For forty years or more in the NYC area, "You got it !" has meant "Yes, I will comply with your request" (or "Wilco !" if you're into that).

  Now, though, it may be expanding into "You're welcome !" territory.

  _Fox & Friends_ this morning :

  STEVE: Thank you, Dr. Manny !
  Dr. MANNY: You got it !  / ' ju ga:d It /

  As we know, the young leaders of tomorrow generally say "No problem !" in these situations. Dr. Manny Alvarez, however, appears to be in his fifties. Born in Cuba, he lives in Hackensack.

  JL