"stuck on stupid"

Brenda Lester alphatwin2002 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Sep 2 20:26:32 UTC 2006

I'm trusting my memory on this one. In Spike Lee's recent documentary about the Katrina debacle, an outraged survivor said that the government was "stuck on stuck."

Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
  The anniversary of Katrina reminded me of General Honore's remark in its wake that emergency management was "stuck on stupid."

Not only do I find over a half million Googlits, Usenet has it back to 1995.

Does it have some kind of anecdotal or pop cultural origin ?

JL