My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nachos (planet mnemonic)

David Bowie db.list at PMPKN.NET
Wed Sep 6 13:38:05 UTC 2006

From:    "Arnold M. Zwicky" <zwicky at CSLI.STANFORD.EDU>

> an auf hinter in neben ueber unter vor zwischen

> and then comes:

> aus ausser bei mit nach seit von zu

I learned this one to the tune of a bit of some famous Strauss waltz. As
much as i'd like to forget it, and don't need it any more (BTW, i *do*
know the genitive prepositions as well, but that results from use, not a
mnemonic), that particular melody is never, ever going to leave my head.

FWIW, i learned sines, cosines, and tangents in the form of the great
Chief Soh-Cah-Toa, who taught sin=opposite/hypotenuse,
cos=adjacent/hypotenuse, tan=opposite/adjacent. Came in useful on SAT
day, that did.

<snip>

--
David Bowie                                         http://pmpkn.net/lx