Invariant innit, isn ´t it

David Sutcliffe david.sutcliffe at UPF.EDU
Thu Sep 7 15:20:40 UTC 2006

Dear List

 Example:  She´s unusual, innit
I asked about the incoming use in London English of this invariant tag innit,
ennit, (isn`t it, but less likely).  My feeling is that this was unknown in
dialects of English on both sides of the Atlantic until recently, with the sole
exception of Welsh English under the influence of Welsh. I just needed some
confirmation, that subscribers have not come across it in the English dialects
they are familiar with.  So I could do with a couple more confirmations / comments
 Thanks

David