USC

Matthew Gordon gordonmj at MISSOURI.EDU
Mon Sep 11 19:37:50 UTC 2006

Yes, only the Columbia campus is referred to as MU. We use UM (by itself) to
refer to the University of Missouri system, which has its own
administration, and the UM order is used when specifying one of the 4
campuses: UMSL, UMKC, UMR(olla), UMC(olumbia).

I think Nebraska is similar. It's definitely not UN. Some people refer to it
as NU but for me UNL is the more natural spoken form. Then again, I'm a
townie not a gownie as far as Nebraska's concerned.