"Beltbuster" sandwich (Texas Dairy Queens); OT: CBS responds!

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Sep 15 03:54:17 UTC 2006

BELTBUSTER (sandwich)
The Texas Dairy Queens serve a "beltbuster" sandwich. I didn't try this and
I never will.
_http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/texas/entry/beltbuster_1_2_pound_hamburge
r/_
(http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/texas/entry/beltbuster_1_2_pound_hamburger/)

Beltbuster (1/2 pound hamburger)

Texas Dairy Queens have offered a “beltbuster” sandwich since 1971. It
appears that Chicago-area restaurants offered a “belt buster” sandwich from
1969.

Bob’s BBQ & Grill in Thailand served up a 78.5-pound sandwich  called a “
Texas Belt Buster” in 2006.

_Dairy Queen_ (http://www.technidata.com/dqmen.htm)
1/2-lb.  Beltbuster

It takes a real Texan to finish one!TM We use two big  1/4-lb. all-beef
patties and pile them high on a fresh toasted bun. Add lettuce,  tomatoes, pickles,
onions, and mustard, and you’ve got one big burger.

_Bob’s BBQ_ (http://www.bobs-bbq.com/)
The Big Bob’s Texas  Belt Buster 35.6 Kg (78.5 lbs)

_Slashfood_ (http://www.slashfood.com/category/south-asia/)
Thai  eatery grills up world’s biggest burger
Posted Aug 14th 2006 1:03PM by  Joe DiStefano
Filed under: Beef, Cheese, South Asia, Food Oddities,  Grilling, Super Size
Me
Ever had a hankering to order up a 78.5-pound hamburger with 12 hours notice?
 Now you can thanks to Bob’s BBQ & Grill. This Texas ‘cue joint recently
cooked up what it calls the Texas Belt buster in a bid to unseat Fuddruckers
Guinness World record for the largest burger.
Bob’s grilled the gargantuan ground beef sandwich in honor of the King of
Thailand’s 60th year accession to the throne. And just why is a Texas BBQ
celebrating a Thai holiday? Because the restaurant is located in Pattaya,
Thailand. It was founded by Bob Schindler, a former comepetive barbecuer from
Houston.
Once it gets certified, the Texas Belt Buster will hold the record.
Fuddrucker’s burger weighed in at a paltry 29.9 pounds. The Texas Belt Buster  used 55
pounds of ground beef and took more than six hours to grill up. It comes
topped with two large heads of lettuce, 35 slices of cheese and four jalapeños,
among other things.

9 May 1969, Chicago Tribune, pg. B15:
(Beef ‘n’ Barrel, 19W011 Butterfield rd., Oakbrook—ed.)
Specialty of the  house, the “original belt buster” [a one-half pound
hamburger, $1.50], is served  on a bun or dark Bavarian rye and comes in a basket
with french fries, lettuce,  tomato, pickle wedges, and [if requested] a large
slice of onion.

29 May  1969, ChicagoTribune, pg. SIND12 ad:
MAXO’S
BELT BUSTER
SANDWICH
FREE
with half quarter of Michelob, $1.45
Old Town on  the South Side
1615 E. 87th St.

27 September 1969, Chicago  Tribune, pg. S5 ad:
Aquarius Inn
Madison & Wells,  Chicago
Featuring the
Belt Buster Hamburger

14 December 1972, Commerce (TX) Journal, pg. C4:
The featured  item of the Dairy Queen is the Beltbuster, an extra large and
delicious  hamburger.

30 May 1975, Chicago Tribune, pg. B1:
Vic’s Sub  Shop, 1056 W. Webster Av., 549-3082. At his shop in the De Pail
University  area, Vic has been selling sub sandwiches for 17 years. His
specialty is a  13-inch Belt Buster. For $2.79, Vic includes slaw, tomatoes, onions,
green  peppers, oil and vinegar, bologna, American cheese, cotto and hard
salamis,  swiss and provolone cheese, ham, and pickles.

(Trademark)
Word Mark  BELTBUSTER
Goods and Services IC 030. US 046. G & S: FOOD  PRODUCTS-NAMELY, BURGERTYPE
SANDWICHES FOR CONSUMPTION ON OR OFF THE PREMISES.  FIRST USE: 19711101. FIRST
USE IN COMMERCE: 19711101
Mark Drawing Code (1)  TYPED DRAWING
Design Search Code
Serial Number 73157655
Filing Date  February 6, 1978
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Registration Number 1114619
Registration Date March 6, 1979
Owner  (REGISTRANT) TEXAS DARIY QUEEN TRADE ASSOCIATION CORPORATION TEXAS
3467 WEST  FREEWAY FORT WORTH TEXAS 76107
(LAST LISTED OWNER) TEXAS DAIRY QUEEN  OPERATORS’ COUNCIL CORPORATION BY
CHANGE OF NAME FROM TEXAS 2120 FORUM PARKWAY  BEDFORD TEXAS 76021
Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED
Attorney of  Record MOLLY BUCK RICHARD
Prior Registrations 1039426
Type of Mark  TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Affidavit Text SECT 15. SECT 8 (6-YR).
Renewal 1ST RENEWAL 19990506
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

(Trademark)
Word Mark BELTBUSTER JR.
Goods and Services IC 030.  US 046. G & S: FOOD PRODUCTS - NAMELY, BURGER
TYPE SANDWICHES FOR  CONSUMPTION ON OR OFF THE PREMISES. FIRST USE: 19881229.
FIRST USE IN COMMERCE:  19881229
Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Design Search Code
Serial Number 73788911
Filing Date March 24, 1989
Current Filing  Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition August 29,  1989
Registration Number 1567411
Registration Date November 21, 1989
Owner (REGISTRANT) TEXAS DAIRY QUEEN OPERATORS’ COUNCIL CORPORATION TEXAS
2120 FORUM PARKWAY BEDFORD TEXAS 76021
Attorney of Record MOLLY BUCK RICHARD
Prior Registrations 1114619;1152733
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register  PRINCIPAL
Affidavit Text SECT 15. SECT 8 (6-YR). SECTION 8(10-YR) 20000621.
Renewal 1ST RENEWAL 20000621
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE
OT: CBS RESPONDS!
The CBS Early Show screwed up both "the Big Apple" and "the Windy City"
yesterday, and CBS responded right away with...a promotion!
SOMEBODY, PLEASE, PLEASE KILL ME!
We here at CBSNews.com wouldn't clog your inbox unless we really felt we had
something valuable to share with you. And we do – a revolutionary new way to
watch _The CBS Evening News with Katie Couric_
(http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/eveningnews/main3420.shtml) .
>From now on, you can watch the best news program on television whenever it's
convenient for you. And you can do it right  here – on your own computer.
We're excited to have Katie Couric as our new anchor. We're also excited that
 last week CBS and CBSNews.com became the first network ever to broadcast a
program on television and on the Internet at the same time! It's called a
Simulcast. So if you want to watch the Evening News when it's on in your area
but can't get to a TV, you can watch it _right here_
(http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?id=5n&channel=ondemand) .
Better yet, if you want to watch the show when you get home from work, after
the kids are in bed or even the next morning, we're here for you, 24/7. Watch
 the show _On-Demand_
(http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?channel=ondemand) , anytime, just as it appeared on television.
Try it, you'll like it. You'll see that there is no easier way to see the
most talked about news show in America.
While you're visiting CBSNews.com, check out Katie's new blog, _Couric & Co_
(http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/couricandco/main500803.shtml) . And around
lunch time each day, Katie  gives a video preview of the upcoming show on _First
Look_
(http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/couricandco/main500803.php?category=First_Look) .
We've also expanded our daily _HealthWatch_
(http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/health/main204.shtml)  section and we have a great new sister site  dedicated
just to entertainment news – _TheShowbuzz.com_
(http://www.showbuzz.cbsnews.com/) .  Movies, Music, Television, and more.
CBS News is always there for you. On-air, online, podcast and wireless. Our
motto says it all:
_See It Now. Anytime. Anywhere._
(http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/09/01/eveningnews/main1961446.shtml)
It all happens on CBSNews.com. We're the fastest growing news site in
America. Find out why today.
Thanks,

The CBSNews.com Team