History Channel TV Interviews (fwd)

Michael Adams madams1448 at AOL.COM
Sat Sep 16 00:55:19 UTC 2006

 Larry -- Yo, I'm all about bad words -- hook me up. ~ Mikey

 -----Original Message-----
 From: laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
 To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
 Sent: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 8:04 PM
 Subject: Fwd: History Channel TV Interviews (fwd)

  This sounds like fun, for anyone in the L.A. area who want some free
 air time to talk about dirty words.

 I'll be happy to send an attachment with the outline of the show to
 anyone who thinks they might be interested. Apparently nobody on the
 UCSB English faculty stepped into the breach. The outline includes a
 list of participants (including Dr. Ruth) and a list of topics
 ("Dirty Wurds"; "Bad Girls"; "Naughty Bits"; "Filthy Foreplay"; "The
 Dirty Deed"). It looks like they can use all the help they can get,
 as a quick glance reveals that they're planning to treat "buck naked"
 as a euphemistic alteration of "butt naked". and a variety of other
 claims that strike me as being of questionable merit follow.

 I would think Pam Munro would be an obvious person to check with, but
 if any of you want to volunteer (or just want to see the attachment),
 let me know.

 Larry