"like," intrans.

David Sutcliffe david.sutcliffe at UPF.EDU
Tue Sep 19 18:23:37 UTC 2006

"I like" seems pretty common these days -- often repeated for
emphasis. See the many hits for "I like, I like" on Myspace:

http://www.google.com/search?q=site:myspace.com+%22i+like+i+like%22

And then there are the mock-Chinese variants, "I likey" and "me
likey", both well-attested on the Web in both transitive and
intransitive uses.

--Ben Zimmer

Right, so the usage is not just a sort of imitation of pidgin or foreigner talk
anymore?

 What about the invitation to "Enjoy!". I first noted Americans using this about
10 years ago, and I had the impression it was urban and or Jewish in feel.

David S