Chili Queen & Chiquita & How's tricks?

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 20 20:55:37 UTC 2006

"I'm Chiquita Banana and I've come to say
Bananas like to ripen in a certain way!
When they are flecked with brown and have a golden hue
Bananas taste the best and are best for you!
You can put them in a salad
You can put them in a pie, ay!
Any way you want to eat them
It's impossible to beat them
But bananas like the climate
of the very, very tropical equator
So, you should never put bananas
In the refrigerator!"

-Wilson

On 9/20/06, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: Chili Queen & Chiquita & How's tricks?
>
> Thanks, Barry!  My earliest "How's tricks?" was 1906.
>
>   JL
>
> Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:

Everybody says, "How hard it is that we have to die"---a strange
complaint to come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
-----
Whoever has lived long enough to find out what life is knows how deep
a debt of gratitude we owe to Adam, the first great benefactor of our
race. He brought death into the world.

--Sam Clemens