kurd or curd = corn stalks?

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Sun Sep 24 17:37:56 UTC 2006

> From http://www.cba.uni.edu/chinadiaries/archive/andy.html: I picked
>some thinly sliced beef, corn curds, one bundle of noodles, and some
>sliced sweet potatoes...

Google shows several instances of "corn curd", apparently an Asian or
Asian-ish food, I suppose analogous to "bean curd" = "tofu".

Maybe one of the savants knows exactly what "corn curd" is. There are a few
mentions of "corn tofu" too; I have no idea whether it's the same thing.

I suppose the above "corn curds" is probably the same, perhaps variably
pluralized because naively 'translated' from a Chinese expression (which
would likely be ambiguous countability-wise, I guess).

I have not found any clear evidence of "curds" = "corn residues" or so.

-- Doug Wilson