shopadmins

Thu Sep 28 14:52:50 UTC 2006

-----
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2006/09/shopadmins_and_the_id_theft_cy.html
'Shopadmins' And the ID Theft Cycle
Brian Krebs on Computer Security
washingtonpost.com today published a story based on the 10 hours of
lurking I did on a variety of underground chat and Web channels
frequented by identity and credit card thieves. ... In the same
underground chat channels I monitored for the story, solicitations can
regularly been seen for "shopadmins" -- the slang term in fraud
circles for paid, illicit access to Web sites whose databases have
been hacked.
-----

Screen shot of an IRC user announcing "I Got SHOP ADMINS AND EBAY LOGINS..."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2006/09/27/PH2006092701448.html

--Ben Zimmer