OED & Jigaboo

Scot LaFaive spiderrmonkey at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 10 14:30:32 UTC 2007

After hearing about Imus and being curious about "jigaboo," I looked it up
in the OED: "A Black person, a Negro." This made me think; isn't "Negro" now
considered somewhat offensive? I've heard that "Black" was once offensive
while "Negro" wasn't, but is it reversed now? Personally, I find "Black" as
acceptable and valid as "White," but I would never use "Negro." Though there
still is the United Negro College Fund....

Scot LaFaive

http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag3