Tee-nine-see

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Sat Apr 14 17:39:29 UTC 2007

I too grew up (in Texas) knowing the form "tee-nine-see," probably having learned it from my Arkansawyer parents. However, I can't imagine dInIs's accent on the first syllable! Correct speakers always accent the second syllable, and have [s] for the consonant initiating the final syllable.

--Charlie