fuck you money

Darla Wells dlw3208 at LOUISIANA.EDU
Tue Apr 17 17:02:10 UTC 2007

I am looking for the origin of the expression "fuck you money." I found a
reference to Mike Royko:

Kurson takes a blunter tack. "I like to talk about fuck-you money," he said,
quoting famed Chicago journalist Mike Royko. "Enough money so that if you
needed to, you could tell your boss, 'Fuck you,' and you wouldn't be eating
Alpo afterwards."

http://www.salon.com/news/1998/04/cov_15news2.html

It seems to me like I remember Dave Chapelle the comedian talking about it on one of his shows, but it was a f-u-farm.

With magic, you can turn a frog into a prince. With science, you can turn a
frog into a Ph.D and you still have the frog you started with. (Terry Pratchett)