Counting only to two

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 19 00:33:15 UTC 2007

You left out the funny part of that story, Joel. ;-)

As for Gypsies, they've been making a good living off the colored for
dekkids. As the saying goes, "When you find a good horse, ride it to
death." Gypsy fortune-tellers are mentioned in any number of blues and
rhythm-&-blues songs. Gypsies posing as Native Americans collecting
money for rehabbing the educatonal facillities of reservations once
conned me and some friends out of money. The story in the local paper
warning that Gypsies running this game had hit town came too late to
save us. But, at least I was able to recognize this particular con,
the second time that I came across it. The Gypsies hadn't changed the
game at all, another way of riding a good horse to death. The only
thing different was the location. They succeeded in conning me in
Porter Square in Cambridge. When they hit on me again in Boston''s
Downtown Crossing about twenty years later, I knew better than to go
for the okey-doke.

-Wilson

-Wilson

-----