"Partial-Birth"

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Fri Apr 20 14:28:23 UTC 2007

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007, Joel S. Berson wrote:

> Gee, I would hope (or else I need to modify my own search strategy!)
> "partial-birth" would show up in a Search for Quotation Text (or Full
> Text) if "partial-birth abortion" is present!  And the Search
> facility ignores the hyphen vs. space difference.  (The OED2 CD-ROM
> does -- e.g., "part-time" and "part time" yield the same number of hits.)

I did a "Find Word" search rather than a full-text search.  The "Find
Word" search is sometimes effective for word-combinations and phrases,
sometimes not.

Fred Shapiro

Associate Librarian for Collections and     YALE BOOK OF QUOTATIONS
   Access and Lecturer in Legal Research     Yale University Press
Yale Law School                             ISBN 0300107986