"step away from the X"

Doug Harris cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET
Sat Apr 21 15:25:44 UTC 2007

Well, I (for one) had no clue what a "social media release" was,
having never heard that term until James' note.
Here, thanks to Google, is an answer:
http://www.stoweboyd.com/message/2007/01/enough_already_.html

And therein lies another exciting new term: edglings.
Is that where newspeak is taking us? People become an audience
become sort of people again but we're really edglings?
As the Cal Dalton/Ben Hardaway film of 1938 put it, Count Me Out!!
(And I always thought that was a Yogiism!!)
(the other) doug
---

Here's a lately popular idiom, started by "Step away from the
vehicle," I'm pretty sure. "Step away from the Blackberry" gets 158
Google hits all by itself. If you search just "step away from the"
you get nealry a million hits; some of the ones on the first couple
of pages are graffiti, cold medicine, keyboard, spell-checker (yay
for that one!), social media release, PC, mousse (with your hands
up), shovel, podium, Gatt chart, jokes, computer, and tofu burger.

James Harbeck.