change from the bottom up

James Harbeck jharbeck at SYMPATICO.CA
Thu Apr 26 01:45:05 UTC 2007

>In the mid 1920, Louis Armstrong made a recording called SOL Blues.
>Someone at his record company made him redo the song a week later
>under the title "Gully Low Blues".

I remember reading that Bo Diddley's song "Bo Diddley" was originally
called "Dirty Motherfucker." (Bo Diddley is itself a name for a bad
boy... Wilson, I expect you can confirm? I believe it's southern
AAVE.)

Yesterday, incidentally, my wife asked me, while we were in
conversation with her mother, aunt and uncle, what MILF meant. I had
a giggling fit.

James Harbeck.