Relative clauses and commas (was: Re: "certain" inThe First Noel)

David Borowitz borowitz at STANFORD.EDU
Thu Aug 2 18:52:18 UTC 2007

I suppose makes sense for English, but then I guess it's slightly odd that
other languages wouldn't be "logical" in this way. (And I'm suspicious when
things arise in English because of a conscious perception by speakers that
they are more "logical"; cf. English not having no double negatives :)