" Olive, the other reindeer"; was Re: "Trolling" for "Trawling": An Eggcorn?

Dennis Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Fri Aug 3 11:46:01 UTC 2007

Only a very few wok their dogs (preserving /oh/
before a voiced but not a voiceless velar); most
wok their dahgs.

dInIs

Dennis R. Preston
University Distinguished Professor