"Don't shit where you eat" [revisited]

James Harbeck jharbeck at SYMPATICO.CA
Sun Aug 5 02:11:44 UTC 2007

Speaking of excretory aphorisms, I'm often put in mind of one that I
read in _National Geographic_, cited as a Danish one (in
translation): "Peeing in your pants will only keep you warm for so
long."

If this one becomes popular in English (and, since it was in the
context of certain responses to global climate change, and was in one
of the mostly widely read magazines in the world, it might), it seems
to me we can mark that appearance in _National Geographic_ as the
primary vector.

James Harbeck.