vegansexuals

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Aug 6 02:48:41 UTC 2007

At 5:47 PM -0700 8/5/07, Jonathan Lighter wrote:
>According to Laurie Dhue and Geraldo, a "vegansexual" is a person
>"who will only have sex with another vegan."  Because carnivores
>"smell and taste bad."
>
>   More than 50,000 raw Googlits on "vegansexual."
>
>   JL

Does this presuppose that one can't be a vegansexual if one isn't
oneself a vegan?  Couldn't I decide that carnivores smell and taste
bad and that I won't have sex with any of them even though I'm not a
vegan myself?  (Shades of the old debate on who can and who can't
possess gaydar.)  Besides which, not all non-vegans are carnivores.
Do vegetarians who have honey on their whole-grain bread and eat the
occasional bowl of organic yogurt smell bad too?  If not, why the
restriction to vegan partners?  Inquiring minds...boggle.

LH