The earth v. Earth

Wed Aug 8 16:42:34 UTC 2007

I think Time magazine mentioned this in an editorial note about planet
capitalization around 15 years ago. (It was probably before they
downgraded their writing style for mass appeal since that's when I
stopped reading it.)

They said that they capitalized all the planets except earth because the
others are named for gods. I don't recall if there was a justification
for not capitalizing earth. BB