The earth v. Earth

Wed Aug 8 22:10:38 UTC 2007

Hmmm. I've always understood Gaia, Sol and Luna to be names for the
earth, sun and moon, respectively. Terra is a new one to me I found on
Wikipedia. Their derivations, of course, don't alter whether they are
proper nouns or not. Is there English usage to suggest these are
references to Greek and Latin instead of being English names? BB