"you pays your money"

Margaret Lee mlee303 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Aug 16 12:27:19 UTC 2007

I would call the form grammatically incorrect (according to the rules of Standard English) rather than ungrammatical. It does have a grammatical structure which makes the meaning of the sentence clear.

  Margaret Lee

Scot LaFaive <spiderrmonkey at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
  While watching a Twilight Zone episode today I was struck by Rod Serling's
use of an ungrammatical form: "you pays your money, you takes your chances."

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.