messed-up postings

Dennis Baron debaron at UIUC.EDU
Thu Aug 16 21:58:48 UTC 2007

I don't know why my posts to ADS-l arrive with strange characters and
symbols in them.  That doesn't happen when I post them to other
lists, and in my experience the ADS list postings often display with
various corruptions or interruptions in them.  So I assume that the
ADS server translates line breaks, hyphens, or other symbols that it
can't read into their code equivalent.  Perhaps the list moderators
can check into this?  I use apple's Mail program on a Mac powerbk,
and sometimes I paste in text created in MS word for mac.  I know how
annoying it can be to get posts with these sorts of interruptions in
the text, and if anyone can advise me how to avoid that happening,
I'll take whatever steps I need to "clean up" the posts (so long as I
don't have to switch to a windows computer, which I don't have).

Dennis