eggcorn?

sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Wed Aug 22 19:03:23 UTC 2007

Does the substitution of "as far as" for  "as for" qualify as an eggcorn?
Or is "as far as," left hanging,  (which, I'd guess, probably now far
outnumbers instances in which it is completed) now simply an accepted
idiom?  I should know better, after all these years, than  to keep waiting
for the other shoe to drop after  "as far as," but it still makes me
uneasy.  I was somewhat startled by hearing Geoff Nunberg use this, talking
about political speech  on Terry Gross's program today.
AM