"Never pass up the chance to have sex or be on television" (Gore Vidal?)

Barry Popik bapopik at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 24 05:28:13 UTC 2007

This is a quote from Roger Stone, the embattled Republican operative accused
of sending a nasty phone message to New York State Governor Eliot Spitzer's
father. Did Gore Vidal really ever say this?
Stone acknowledged that the message came from his home phone, but said it
wasn't his voice because Stone was on television at the time, or in a play,
or...
 http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/22/nyregion/22stone.html
Mr. Stone said: "They have unfettered access to my apartment. I am on
television constantly. As Gore Vidal said, never pass up the chance to have
sex or be on television. Putting together a voice tape that sounds like me
wouldn't be hard to do."