Oftenly

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 24 21:25:50 UTC 2007

Good one, Charlie! I know it in the form, "Do you want me to give you
a whipping?" But your point is taken.

[OT. As a child, I was spanked only once and I recall it only too
well. Those who claim that it's all right to strike a child, as long
as you only spank it on the arse are, IMO, sick child-abusers.]

-Wilson

On 8/24/07, Charles Doyle <cdoyle at uga.edu> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Charles Doyle <cdoyle at UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: Oftenly
>
> My favorite perverse parentism is "Do you want a spanking?"
>
> Somewhere in the world there's a masochistic child who doesn't understand the nature of rhetorical questions . . . .
>
> --Charlie

-----
                                              -Sam'l Clemens