"Whole Nine Yards" and Occam's Razor, etc.

Sam Clements SClements at NEO.RR.COM
Sun Aug 26 19:03:02 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "David A. Daniel" <dad at POKERWIZ.COM>
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2007 2:02 PM
Subject: Re: "Whole Nine Yards" and Occam's Razor, etc.

> Well, for one, it is seen in print in 1855 in at least one instance. What
> we
> don't know is if that cite is unique, relevant, coincidental, or placed
> there by aliens. That's why I said I thought it would be worth poking
> around
> to find out.
> DAD

I think it's been poked around quite a bit.  Given the enormity of modern
databases, to not find it in print again until 1964* would appear to imply
that it wasn't any kind of common expression at any time prior to the late
1950's-early 1960's.

*Well, except for the Admiral Land 1942 useage.  :(

Sam Clements