Boys Town or Boy's Town or Boys' Town (Mexican brothels near Texas border)

Jim Parish jparish at SIUE.EDU
Tue Aug 28 19:40:19 UTC 2007

Beverly Flanigan wrote:
> An interesting phrase:  "about what all transpired there."  I used this
> construction often as a kid but haven't heard it much lately: "What all did
> you do there?"  "Where all did you go?" etc.  Is it still common, you
> googlers?  (And BTW, I'm not sure how to google words: Do you use quote
> marks or what all?)

There was some discussion of this construction on ADS-L back in July of 2004;
the thread title was, I believe, "Who-All and What-All". I'd still be
interested in further discussion, though.

Jim Parish