copasetic and coralapus: a suggestion

Stephen Goranson goranson at DUKE.EDU
Wed Aug 29 14:27:51 UTC 2007

1) The 1919 book _A Man for the Ages: A Story of the Builders of Democracy_ by
{Addison] Irving Bacheller (1859-1950) is available online at
http;//www.gutenberg.org

2) I thank Douglas G. Wilson for observing offlist that, without affecting the
proposal, the page 69 use of "copasetic" by Mre. Lukins refers not to Abe
Lincoln but to his associate Samson Traylor.

3) Am I correct in assuming that no list member is aware of an earlier
securely-dated use of "copasetic" (or related spelling)?

4) So far I haven't found any other usage of "coralapus" beyond this book. If
one appears, or any previous discussion of both oopasetic and coralapus exists,
would be grateful to anyone who passes along that information.

Stephen Goranson