Gale's "19th Century U.S. Newspapers", another path to

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Aug 29 16:54:40 UTC 2007

The New England Historic Genealogical Association (Boston) has just
announced availability of:

>Drawing on some of the country's most significant holdings,
>including the Library of Congress, Boston Public Library, Wisconsin
>Historical Society, and Maryland State Archive, Gale's 19th Century
>U.S. Newspapers provides access to approximately 1.7 million pages
>of primary-source newspaper content from throughout the 19th
>century. It features full text and images from hundreds of
>newspapers from every region in the U.S. A few of the New England
>and New York titles are: Boston Daily Advertiser, New Haven
>Palladium, Bangor Daily Whig and Courier, New Hampshire Statesman,
>Providence Patriot, Vermont Chronicle, and New York Herald. Users
>can perform full-text searches or search in pre-defined categories
>such as people (including obituaries), editorials, business news,
>the arts, and others.

This can (I am assuming) be accessed from home by members, just as
they can access "Early American Newspapers", for a quite small annual
membership fee.

Joel