Outside his name

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Dec 6 18:40:59 UTC 2007

At 12/6/2007 10:20 AM, Wilson Gray wrote:
>There's also a unit called the "Harvard University Library," but it's
>only some kind of administrative office, to the best of my knowledge.
>I've used the Harvard College Library since 1972 and worked in Widener
>Library from 1980 to 2000, without ever having occasion to deal with
>the Harvard University Library, beyond standing in front of the
>building that houses it while waiting for the bus.

Who paid you?  :-)

Some Harvard libraries are not part of the Harvard College set, such
as Law, Business, Medicine, Education.  (Borrowing privileges at
Windener, at least for alumni of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, do
not automatically extend to these.)  Although I don't know whether
these make the "Harvard University Library" any more
content-full.  Next time I'm at one of these, I'll look to see how
the books are stamped.

Joel