Freeman's antedate of "turn a blind eye"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Dec 11 15:53:45 UTC 2007

At 9:08 AM -0500 12/11/07, Amy West wrote:
>Tangential to this, did Wilson post already about Freeman's
>antedating of "turn a blind eye" in this past Sunday's column?
>
>http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2007/12/09/the_vision_thing/
>
>---Amy West

Very nice.  I think we should compromise on a euphemistic replacement:
"the military is turning a visually impaired eye because..."

As the saying goes, "In the land of the doubly visually-impaired, the
singly visually-impaired person is monarch".

LH